• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 incrediblehelp

incrediblehelp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:16 PM

I am trying to get weekly reports sent out to my team show previous weeks stats (Visits, PV, traffic sources, etc.) compared to the week before. I can easily set that up in GA, but when I try to save the report to my dashboard the weekly comparison doesn't carry over. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

#2 incrediblehelp

incrediblehelp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:23 AM

Any ideas or help out there?

#3 incrediblehelp

incrediblehelp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:22 AM

Just to be more clear. here is what I trying to add to the dashboard. A simple 30 day caparison of visits.

Posted Image

Then when I got to the dashboard with the new charts added the date comparison has been removed.

Posted Image
What am I doing wrong?

#4 incrediblehelp

incrediblehelp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:16 PM

Any help here or did the forum die?

#5 Jill Whalen

Jill Whalen

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 70 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:56 PM

I don't think there's anything you can do about it, which is probably why nobody is responding. (Well that and not that many people show up here :)

#6 IronistM

IronistM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:54 AM

If you apply the comparison on the Dashboard and then create the email scheduling then the comparison is inherited over the the report

Edited by IronistM, 06 June 2012 - 04:05 AM.

#7 incrediblehelp

incrediblehelp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:10 PM

@IronistM I don't see where you can add data comparisons on the dashboard itself. Help!

#8 IronistM

IronistM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:09 AM

Hi!

Go to your dashboard and select from the Time Period box a date range (say last week) and check the box Compare To. Now, you will see the dashboard in a Comparison style and it's the time to schedule your report for each period (week,month) and you will get this in a rolling fashion in your reports.

PS : I've only set it up for the case that GA determines the comparison period (ie this week vs last week,month) if you find this working in general please share.

#9 incrediblehelp

incrediblehelp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:37 AM

IronistM again thanks for helping me. Anyway you can post a few screen shots on your steps above? I am not getting it to work.

#10 KeyMultimedia

KeyMultimedia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:32 AM

As IronistM suggested the best way to achieve this is to click the down arrow next to the date and tick the box for "compare to past".

The report will display 30 days previous to your date range as standard.

Posted Image

Hit "Apply" and your dashboard should start showing results with a comparison.

Now click the "Email Beta" just under the My Dashboard title and and your email address and set the frequency for receiving the report. You can even add a message in the body section.

Posted Image

Hope that helps!

Dave L

Edited by KeyMultimedia, 24 July 2012 - 11:38 AM.

#11 incrediblehelp

incrediblehelp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:13 AM

@KeyMultimedia,

Yes that works perfect, the problem is I don't just want one data set to be emailed with comparisons. I want overall traffic, keywords, sources, international traffic, etc. all in one PDF dashboard. The new dashboards don't allow data comparisons.

http://analytics.blo...swers-your.html

Jon Darch asks:

This might be a stupid question, but when setting up a custom dashboard, how do I create widgets which show a metric (i.e visitors for the last 30 days) with the previous month’s figure as a % up or down? I’m sure I’ve seen others doing this, but can’t seem to figure it out!

If you are able to offer any advice, that would be much appreciated Posted Image

Thanks

Jon

Justin’s Answer

Unfortunately you cannot add a “sticky” date to the dashboard. But I wish you could! You can manually do a date comparison, then you’ll see a % change in some of the widgets, like the tabular widget. But stay tuned, we might have a better solution for that.

#12 KeyMultimedia

KeyMultimedia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:16 PM

@incrediblehelp if I am write in thinking you want to display more than one data sheet in a dashboard - you just need to add each metric you want to measure.

The new dashboards only allow 12 metrics per dashboard so is a litle more restrictive than before.

The quicker route is to import a ready-made dashboard - have a look at these links - http://amysample.tum...oard-templates - try the Management Summary report - click the link whilst logged in to GA and give the new dashboard a name.

It will import all of the metrics for you.

If you do set up a new dashboard manually - you can export the dashboard and then use it in other accounts.

Hope that helps,

Dave L

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users